As part of the European Commission’s Youth Opportunities Initiative, the project supports EU Member States in developing new and improving existing apprenticeships and traineeship schemes to facilitate school-to-work transition of young people. Over a two year period (December 2012 – December 2014), Ecorys is assisting DG EMPL by providing an integrated package of support services to policy makers at national, regional and local levels, ESF Managing authorities and social partners including:
- A review of existing apprenticeship and traineeship programmes across Europe including a Guidebook
- Tailor-made assistance in six languages through a Helpdesk service for Member States related to planning, establishing and management apprenticeship and traineeship programmes.
- Providing a platform for exchange of good practice through a European conference and learning seminar.
- Provision of website content.
- A LinkedIn group as a shared space for stakeholders: http://bit.ly/esfnetwork
- Awareness raising activities-events and publication of promotional material.